Existing records for the Granary date back only as far as 1876, when the building was purchased by Ben Walmsley. Walmsley stored corn and grain for shipment to Baltimore.
The building was opened as a restaurant in the late 1940’s, utilizing the original grain bins and warehouse as part of the dining facilties. Prior to this time, it housed the old Tockwogh Yacht Club. Tockwogh is an Indian word meaning Sassafras.
Sadly, the original structure was destroyed by fire in March 1985. The hand-hewn beams in the vestibule are all that remains of the “old” Granary. The “new” Granary, overlooking the Sassafras River, continues to offer relaxed fine dining.
The menu matches the charm of the Granary. Their lunch menu is full of delightful suggestions like delicious appetizers, crisp fresh salads, various sandwiches, burgers, and seafood entree's. The dinner menu follows the same path and offers wonderful appetizers and incredible entrees like a 22 ounce porterhouse steak, jumbo snow crab legs, seared Ahi tuna, lobster mac and cheese and plenty more. For a full look at their menus please visit their website.
Maximum purchase is 4 certificates!